In A Rut

I find that after a deep tournament run, I fall into a but of a lull. I don't know if I'm mentally exhausted or just unfocused, either way I just can't be bothered with more poker. And that's fine, normally. But not when you've got thousands of dollars worth of WCOOP tickets to use before they expire in 11 days.

I looked again to see what appealed on the WCOOP schedule, after 8pm. Mostly just turbo holdem bounty tournaments, which isn't really my thing. I  tried a couple of the late night holdem tournaments, but they went poorly. I max late regged a PLO tourney, and starting with just 15bbs, lost it all in two hands (favourite when the chips when in both times mind you). Feeling flummoxxed with it all, I went back to the good ol' nightly $4 badugi. I thought it would be a good idea to road test a new more aggressive playing style, but on reflection, I was maybe just bored and tilting. So, despite the pile of tickets, I'm taking a few days off to recharge ahead of the final few days of WCOOP big events.

Comments

Most Read Posts

Why Do We Play Poker?

Nit Picking

What Is Wrong?

And The Winner Is...

Grand Prix Poker Tour - Hampden, Glasgow